New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My First Swiss Roll


This is my first time making swiss roll.

The cake cracked badly on the outside when I rolled it, and it was a huge roll. My cake was about 1 inch in height when baked, a bit tall. Then I tucked the cake real tight in cling wrap. And it came down to a regular swiss roll size, and voila, the cracks seemed to have disappeared!!!! I made 2 rolls, and my oven can only take in 1 baking pan at a time, so I had to make the batter twice and bake twice. Luckily it only takes 15 mins to bake.

A simple tea time fare...



6 comments:

  1. man its so pretty....... i've tried it many times... but it always cracks while rolling......... it goes without saying that i really envy your pretty roll.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,

    i don't see the recipe. :( is it post somewhere? please advice, thanks.

    Cheers,
    Jamie Low

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,
    There's no recipe for this as I just reduce the amount from my regular sponge recipes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Wei Pin. Which recipe should I follow for Swiss Roll?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wei Pin,
    I made a 3 egg recipe from the same sponge recipe of my Strawberry Yogurt Cake.
    Baked it in a 10 inch shallow square pan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...