New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Sichuan Twice Cooked Pork 回锅肉 - Bellygood # 1



I saw this dish demostrated on TV and it looked sooo tasty. I remembered some of the ingredients but forgot some.

Is there sweet bean paste sold here? I don't know what is that and hence skipped it.  I used hot bean paste because I want it to be hot. I also skipped the preserved black beans as not all recipes uses it.

I sliced the pork a bit too thick and so, it's a bit tough. Plus I think I overcooked it. But nonetheless, this dish went very well with lots of rice! Yummy :)




Sichuan Twice Cooked Pork 回锅肉
Recipe source: WendyinKK
Recipe referred: Dachai

400gm pork belly
½ tsp Sichuan peppercorn
1 inch ginger
1 stalk green onion (white parts only about 4 inches)
Enough water to cover pork

1 Tbsp oil
60gm Chinese leek (1 large stalk), or more
1 Chinese soup spoon hot bean paste (or 1 heaped Tbsp)
1 Chinese soup spoon sugar (or 1 heaped Tbsp)
½ Tbsp light soy sauce or more
½ Tbsp Shao Xing wine


1. In a small pot, place pork belly, Sichuan peppercorn, ginger, spring onion and enough water to cover the pork. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes, depending on how thick your belly is.
2. Let the belly cool down totally and slice it as thin as you can. (You can place it into the freezer for 30 minutes, covered to prevent dehydration)
3. In a wok, heat it on high. Put in oil and fry pork belly slices until it start to curl up.
4. Put in bean paste and fry for a while.
5. Add in the rest of the seasonings and fry until fragrant and looks caramelized.
6. Add in leek and cook until the leeks wilt.
7. Dish up and serve.
Prep work


Cooking


16 comments:

  1. So this whole week is pork belly week or some other belly meats as well? BTW, my fav ingredient!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah..... this week will be my favourite week from you! Because I loves to eat pork belly!! This dish of yours really look so flavourful. I will cook this soon! Waiting anxiously for your next pork belly recipe..... delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, very nice! Anything porkie I love especially pork belly. I also like the hot bean paste very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pork looks delicious. Must be a sensational dish. Loved the way you sliced the pork, so thin and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow, my fav pork belly so thin must be crispy. I MUST try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray I love pork belly ! N always cook it now got more
    choices to cook :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE pork belly. I can have it slowly braised till meltingly soft, or roasted and crispy, any way really. It's so delicious! This is yet another great idea to make use of pork belly, and I really love dou ban jiang too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. also, very excited for the rest of your bellygood week (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. no, never come across sweet bean paste here but if i do come across them , let you know. Belly good week..good for belly..haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dish... never fail to order one whenever i go to local sichuan restaurant..

    ReplyDelete
  11. We both getting porky this week :) This dish reminds me of 'hum yee far lum po'

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wendy....drooling! I must try to cook this dish this weekend !!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so inviting but quite oily, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Choi Yen,
    some dishes are meant to be oily for best flavour.
    Just like making sambal tumis.
    The oil is not meant to be drunk, you can scoop it away after cooking if you want.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...