New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, March 15, 2013

Apple Almond Buns - Fruity Buns #3


Remember I made apple butter some time ago?
The only person who enjoyed this spread was Lydia and I, the rest all went uuurrghhhh because of the cinnamon.

I still had some apple butter left and when I saw this recipe, I just gave it a go since some Aussie relatives will be here. They are used to eating cinnamony stuff since they have been there for decades. It'll be a good chance to make these since the others didn't like this spread. The relatives enjoyed the buns and I'm happy!




I included the filling recipe from the book, just incase you need it. In my case, I used apple butter.

Apple Almond Buns
Recipe source: Famous Delights by One Publisher

400gm high protein flour
100gm plain flour
11gm instant yeast
70gm sugar
1tsp salt
1 egg
250gm fresh milk
80gm butter

Egg for glazing
Apple filling
Almond slices for topping

1. Mix well all the dry ingredients. Combine milk and egg and pour this into the dry ingredients. Knead it until it form a dough that leaves the side of the dough. Then put in butter and knead it until , smooth and stretchy. (total time: 20 minutes on KA speed 4/10)
2. Cover and let dough proof for half an hour.
3. Divide dough into 50gm portions (you will get around 20-21 pcs). Roll them into balls and leave them to rest for 15 minutes.
4. Roll each ball flat and make a slit in the middle. Turn one end in the slit. Do a total of 2 turn ins for each piece of dough.
5. Place formed dough onto a lined baking tray and let them proof until double in bulk.
6. Brush on egg glaze and squeeze some apple fillings in the middle. Top with almond slices.
7. Preheat oven at 160(fan)/180C and bake them for 13-15 minutes.

************************
Apple Flling

800gm apples
170gm sugar
200ml water
1 1/2 Tbsp Lime juice
40gm buter
1 Tbsp corn flour + 3 Tbsp water

Peel and dice apples, cook with sugar, water and lime juice until the apples soften. Blend to a fine puree. cook it further to reduce liquid, lastly add in butter and thicken with cornstarch mixture.






10 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    The first instruction required to combine milk and egg. But I didn't see any egg mentioned in the ingredient except for glazing part..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy,

    I love cinnamon. I add cinnamon powder into my coffee. when I have pancakes, instead of syrup I will add cinnamon powder to honey and dip my pancake into this yummy combination. mmmm~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy, I love the smell of cinnamon and I am sure I will love your buns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pauline,
    thanks for pointing it out.
    I've amended it.


    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm confused with the turning and twisting of the dough... I'm really not a baker! Can I just eat? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting recipes, good pictures, very tasty resemble the Mediterranean cuisine which we do in Spain.
    We invite you to visit my blog from Spain, with traditional recipes from the State of
    Valencia.

    http://valenciagastronomic.blogspot.com.es

    This week " traditional Valencia pumpkin fritters " and the coming week " (Mona de Pascua) traditional Easter bread " going to lose?
    In my blog you can find a translator to your language

    I invite you to place the code html in your blog to have direct access with the news of Valenciagastronomic

    过来看一看 http//valenciagastronomic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy, I salute you. really. You are so good in everything you make from cooking to baking.

    I've baked Ogura cake, please check out at my site yeah. Thanks for the cake information and inviting me to join MFF Johor. *_^

    Wish you have a lovely weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wendy, I just finished the Apple Butter. Will use it for this buns when I make it again. We're okay with the cinnamon smell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These fruity buns look droolworthy, Wendy. Love the way the bun twisted.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...