New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Salmon with Sour Plum Glaze - Salmon #3


I was supposed to cook salmon for dinner, but.... was out of ideas. I was on Facebook and asked my fellow  reader friends for ideas... lots came flowing in, but some can't be done due to absence of ingredient in my pantry.

I also searched the  web for pictures to inspire me and finally I saw one that looked interesting and that spurred me to try using sour plum sauce for the same visual effect. Actually I don't know what ingredients did that picture use, LOL. I was just taken by the physical appeal of it.

I'm happy with this glaze and I think it will work well with other  fishes too, or probably chicken or ribs. The ingredients are simple and it's easy to execute.





Salmon with Sour Plum Glaze
by WendyinKK

2 pcs salmon (500gm)

Sour Plum Glaze
2 Tbsp ginger juice
4 Tbsp sour plum sauce (I used Bidor Kwong Heng)
1 Tbsp sugar (taste and adjust the sugar level before  pouring in to cook, different brands of sour plum sauce will differ)
Pinch of salt (optional, do the taste  test before using, it depends on the sour plum sauce)
*some lime/lemon juice if you prefer it more tangy

Sprinkling
Toasted sesame seeds
Sliced spring onions

Pan fry salmon  until golden. Combine glaze ingredients together and pour into the pan. On medium low heat, cook until the glaze sticks well to the salmon. Dish up and sprinkle with sesame seeds and spring onion.


I'll be off for a week.
Happy School Holidays to all !
See you in June for MFF Penang!






1 comment:

  1. Ahhh... I remember this in FB, where u wanted something different for salmon. Looks very delicious! Shall try this when I have sour plum sauce.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...