New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Bo Luc Lac @ Shaking Beef -Thit Bo AFF IndoChina #2


I tried this recipe and it's so easy to cook and nice to eat. I like the presence of pickled onions in this dish as it cuts away the grease, oh well, at least it gives me the feeling of it. It just makes eating more pleasurable.

But it tasted different from one I had a Vietnamese hawker. It tasted like as if, the dish was cooked with butter instead of oil! So yummy!



Anyway, if you want to cook something really quick, this is a very good choice.
Just one thing, you should use a tender beef cut. Tenderloin will work great!

I served mine with lettuce as suggested by Helen and Wandering Chopsticks. I don't want to eat watercress raw as they are grown with a whole bag of chicken manure fertilizer dropped into the ponds. I'll be risking E Coli or whatever microorganisms if I consume it raw.



Bo Luc Lac @ Shaking Beef

Reference : Helen's Recipes 

300gm beef tenderloin or any tender cuts
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp oil
Sliced tomatoes and lettuce

Marinade
2 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp oil

Pickled Onions
100gm red onion
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar

1. Cut beef into 1 inch cubes and marinate them for about 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Prepare pickled onions. Slice the onion and mix with the other ingredients and set it aside.
3. Heat a wok until very hot, put in oil and smear the wok with the oil.
4. Put in the garlic and let it turn fragrant and lightly golden.
5. Pour the marinated beef in and spread them around in the wok, don't move them much.
6. After around 15-20 seconds, then only start tossing them around, and if you can,, use a shaking motion like profession chefs. Do not cook them longer than a minute.
7. Serve the beef with sliced tomatoes, pickled onions and sliced lettuce/watercress greens.




I am submitting this to Asian Food Fest Indochina Month

2 comments:

  1. My husband always orders the "cubed beef" at our local Vietnamese restaurant. Thanks for the recipe! I'll have to watch the cooking time carefully. I'm known for overcoming my meats. I feel like I'm wasting good money! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. So far, I have only cooked beef in stew and curries. Hope I can manage this stir fry sort of method and not overcook.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...